Saturday, September 5, 2009

I wish you could see...

Oh, how I wish you could see my sweet babies!! As I mentioned earlier, We got our referral! I received the originals in the mail yesterday with their pictures attached!! My Word!! They are beautiful. Meskerem is an Ethiopian beauty! She is absolutely gorgeous...beyond words. Eyob...looks like Meskerem, only the boy version, they both have giant, brown eyes. I love Eyob's soft curly hair.Samuel, looks Egyptian and Ethiopian...his skin is so creamy soft. They all look like me, only darker (no kidding), not that I am a beauty, but they do have my same features, you would be surprised.

We are beyond excited to finally have our referrals after such a wait (which was nothing compared to China). I keep looking at their pictures asking God, "How am I supposed to wait patiently now?" I just don't know that it is humanly possible! How badly I want to hug and kiss there sweet little faces. Hold their hands and brush their hair. Ahh....this is love!!

Also, side note...I call these guys "My babies", when indeed they are not!! They are babies to me, but Meskerem is 14 years old, Eyob is 13 years old, and Samuel is 7 years old. Here is the funny part, people have been donating, baby formula, and baby food! Ha ha, I think it is great and it will be used, just not with my babies. I think they may look at their new Mama with ten heads if I offered them pureed turkey and creamed green beans for lunch, followed with a chaser of Simalac! However, I will take all of it with me to the orphanage for the other "babies" whom I am sure could use it and like it for that matter.

I can't wait to post pictures on the Internet for you to feast your eyes upon. Something funny about a mother of 9 (can you believe it) she want so show off her "babies!" Oh, how I wish you could see....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

oh my goodness...you crack me up. That is a GREAT post! Too funny about baby formula, etc. Yeah, they might not so much appreciate being bottle-fed with similac. hehe.

caitlyn Day said...

Soon my dear friend ... soon we will all celebrate the end of the wait ... but will forever cherish the journey to it and the many ways that God has shown Himself during it. :)

Project Playlist