Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back with the Kids in Africa!


Hi honey, please update everyone for me. The internet is so...slow here in kisii town. We arrived last night (early morning) safely. The bus ride was uneventful, but of course different and a little nerve racking, but all was well. It is good that we have Seggy to travel with it makes things much nicer and I fell safe with him around. The kids were so happy to see us of course and everyone here misses you a lot, all have asked about you and Coral and Cadenn.
We had a board meeting this morning and you should see what they have done with the place, it is amazing to say the very least. It is clear that God's hand is in everything and we are only His vessels, because this is really impossible without Him. I can't wait to show you the pictures of the kids and the new building and houses. We visited the Chief, David, this morning and he was so happy that we kept to our word and came back. He really trusts us now. He said that usually most people never return but make empty promises. We are going to pass out our gifts this evening and that should be real fun.
Justin, should have died, but he looks amazing. His leg is almost healed and he is now going to school. There is so much to tell you, but I don't have the time here because it is slow. I am praying for you and I miss you more than you know. I have resolved that I don't like going without you, and want you to be with me always. I would do it again, but I don't like it. We work much better as a team :)
Please share this with our faith family. You can copy and paste this message and send it to The Mission in my contact list, that way everyone even Mary will get the update.
Be praying, a man drownd in the river here yesterday and they have not found his body yet. He fell in while washing his clothes and did not know how to swim. The kids have grown, and they are so beautiful. It is hard to hold back the tears when you see Gods goodness all around and how well they are all doing. Papa's feet are all healed too! That is a miracle.
Well, my love to you, all of our kids and our faith family, together we are making a difference in the lives of the least of these, it is a huge blessing to us. Talk to you soon. We will head back to Uganda wed night or thurs morning. I will call you tomorrow. xoxoxox

0 comments:

Project Playlist