Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Day in Addis ...

Today was another great day in Addis. The people are so nice here and you do feel really safe. Even with the beggers and the people that approach you in the street, you feel safe. We went to the Thomas Center (where we should have met our kids for the first time), and saw where they slept and played. It was so cool because above their beds were their pictures that said "congratulations, and welcome to the Thiele Family". Everywhere we went the workers and friends would congratulate them. The kids loved their new clothes and PJ's...they were so cute in them. They brush their teeth for ever and they are clean. Today was many first's for the kids...they used a straw for the first time, soap dispenser and hand dryer. They also had ice cream for the first time, pizza and a shower. It was very cute to see them chatter in Amharic after a new first...with big smiles on thier faces. Last night after I got Meskerem showered and dressed...she gave me a big hug and three kisses on my cheek...so sweet. Today she held my had alot and hugged me. Bryan gave her a coin earlier today, when we went to the store there was an old man begging, she told me to hold on and went and gave it to him...I just love her. She also sings and sings...perfect huh?? Eyob is like REALLY good at soccer...so we will have to sign him up.He is very out going and not afriad to talk and try stuff. His smile is great and he has a lot of friends. Samuel, is shy but goofy. He is so cute and likes to play soccer too...Christopher you better brush up on you soccer skills...these kids are going to teach you how to play. We are all tucked in for bed. Tomorrow is another big day. I am going to try to post pictures tonight, but no promises. Zona, the kids sizes are almost right. Meskerem...just as we thought 10 Eyob... shirts are perfect 8-10 but the pants are too short, he needs a 10 Samuel...almost perfect size 6-7 good, but pants he needs a reg. 6....6 slim area too tight. Okay friends...we love you lots and miss you tons. We can't wait to see you all on Thursday night!!! Blessings, from Ethiopia.

4 comments:

Caitlyn said...

Well it is so cute to hear about them they seem cute and i cant wait to see them!!!! i look forward to seeing pics. I love hearing from you guys after a long day at school!!!

caitlyn Day said...

I ditto Caitlyn ... I love hearing about it all after a long day at school as well!

Lisa

Guard Wife said...

I'm so excited for you! It sounds like things are going well. I wonder if my Meskerem will remember yours ( I would think it would be easy to remember someone with your same name). Can't wait to see photos! I love that they love soccer. How fun!

Melinda
www.5forHope.com

Erica said...

SO glad to hear everything is going well. We got in last night. Can't wait to talk when your home and settled. GOD IS SO GOOD! I'm editing your pictures so they are ready to roll when you get home. LOVE LOVE LOVE you! Kiss those babies for me! I posted some pics on facebook.....I hope thats okay.

Project Playlist